So today is my day off for the week! I have clinical Monday and Tuesday and classes Thursday and Friday. We changed things around a little bit because we all felt we needed a day off to give us some time to do work and catch up on stuff becuase our weekends are usually so busy trying to see and do more in Cape Town. I feel very relaxed today! It's an absolutely perfect day, 80 degrees, all sunshine and I've already been very productive!! I woke up early this morning and talked to Ian which was a nice way to start the day! (The now 7 hour difference makes it easy for him to call me before he's going to bed as I'm waking up for the day haha) So after that I told myself I would do online nclex quizzes (to study for our exam this Friday) until I couldn't look at the computer screen anymore. I definitely did this. I must've done 30 or maybe even more. Then I cleaned my room and had my laundry picked up to be done (30 rand, $3.00, per load, 2 loads, and no charge for pick up or drop off...seems like a no brainer to me). After that I took a taxi downtown to get groceries, cell phone rand and internet time..gotta love the prepaid world. I came home, made popcorn, and got a couple assignments done. It's always nice to get those out of the way. I have one more left to do for our cultural class this Friday. I'm really enjoying our cultural class. Our professor is so interesting and extremely knowledgable about South Africa and it's politics, people, and culture, including music...last week he was playing all different types of music from his laptop and explaining what the songs were about. I liked one of the bands in particular called Freshly Ground, definitely worth downloading some of their songs if you can! It's one of South Africa's hit bands right now which is why I was surprised when he played some of their songs. He also played a lot of jazz for us, his son plays the keyboard in a fantastic jazz band here, we were lucky enough to see him perform at the jazz club Swingers last week! Anyways, the class is definitely challenging (we have a 10 page paper due soon actually) but extremely interesting. I'm glad it's part of our curriculum.
Last night we found out we are going on another excursion next Friday to Sunday!! We are travelling the Garden Route along the southern coast of South Africa. We will be stopping at various places along the way but the drive itself is supposed to be absolutely breath-taking so I'm very excited! A couple of our stops are going to be the highest bungee jump in the world which I have no idea if I'm gonna do or not. I think I'll have to make the decision on the spot. It's something like 600 or 700 feet high and you jump off a bridge...kinda freaky but we'll see! We'll also be stopping at a bay, i forget the name, where you can get on a boat to do shark cage diving (which I didn't do last weekend like I thought), and other fun things! There's a chance we can do an elephant-back safari..meaning going on a safari on the back of an elephant which would be just about the coolest thing ever and I would pay serious rand to do it!! So, it's gonna be a very busy 3 days but I can't wait for it!
I have to get back to doing some work but I will write again soon!
Love,
ME
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Omg! Don't do the bungee jump thing, pleeeeeease. Do you really want to jump off what is equivalent to half the height of the Empire State Building????
Hey Jess, sounds like you are having an awesome time! Thanks for keeping the blog going, it is great to hear about all of the cool things you are doing. Hope you have fun bungee jumping (Karen says NOT, Graham says DO IT!)!
Graham and Karen
Post a Comment