Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Living Room..

So a group of us went out last night to a club called The Living Room. It was the absolute coolest place I've ever been out to this far.. A guy we met at the jazz club told us about this place and was in fact performing there last night so he invited us to come along, picked us up to bring us there and got us in for free as well so this was all a great start to the night haha We got there and there was a red carpet and fancy entrance that you walk through to get in which was really exciting...the sign said "dress code-smart"...people say that a lot here..it basically means to dress up but not seriously fancy..I thought we all met the dress code quite nicely! So we walk in and there was a set of stairs going up and one going down..we went down first and immediately we were hit with a live band performing, tons of people of all ages dancing..mostly salsa dancing..it was such a cool vibe in the room..everyone was there to dance which I loved! the couples were absolutely fabulous dancers. I could've sat there for hours watching them..it's really amazing how good they were. The band was phenomenal and throughout the night they had different ones performing and eventually, at 12:30, Luke (our friend, who plays the keyboard by the way) and his band performed and were so so good! So after the initial entrance, we went to the bar, got drinks and stuff and then hung out downstairs for awhile, danced, observed, wished we could salsa dance....and then made our way upstairs...TOTALLY different scene!! It was a full out club upstairs with a bar that lined an entire wall of this huge room and it was filled with lots of people, cool chandeliers and lights, disco ball and such good dancing music! The DJ was really good and played mostly American music, breaking out the occassional Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson...loved it. We were probably embarrassing ourselves lip-syncing but we were completely happy in the moment. It was such a great time! The bartender gave us some good deals, though the drinks are dirt cheap to begin with, and we ended up dancing for awhile before we went down to watch Luke perform. Another cool thing about this place was the age range..mostly everyone upstairs was our age and up to about 30 and then downstairs were people our age and then a large amount of people my parent's age which I thought was so cool...they were still totally up for a good time and were dancing even up until we were leaving! I love the thought of being that age and still going out, staying out late, and dancing the night away! Not that it's not done at home but I think it's more common to like go out to dinner and have drinks and then go home, but here it's so much more common to go out to dinner, get drinks, and then go dancing for hours! I really like that! And let me tell you...that age group were the best dancers in the whole place! SO much fun!! Anyways, I wanted to tell everyone about my night! Oh yeah, the test that was supposed to be yesterday was postponed to this coming Thursday! Very happy about thatttt. Ok, I'll write again soon!

Love.

No comments: