Thursday, October 2, 2008

Very exciting update...INTERNET IS HERE!!!!! +this past week

YAY! That's all I have to say...finally internet at our house!! Internet is different here though cuz it's prepaid
So...about the past week...
Friday night was a blast! The restaurant was so African themed and the food was amazing..we had so much fun being a big, loud group of American girls haha we enjoy making scenes wherever we go..and the ppl here like it actually haha..some were taking pictures...kind of awkward but you know me, I soaked it up! haha Dancing at the clubs after was sooo much fun...and let me tell you..these ppl here can dress and dance, girls AND the guys! So fashionable and a great love for music and rhythm..it's so awesome!
Saturday we saw whales!!! BLUE WHALES(biggest whale in the world) in fact (for you Hill) and they were so beautiful! They were jumping and splashing and basically showing off for us which was just fantastic cuz obviosuly that's what we were there for! We did a little shopping and had dinner overlooking the bay which was really nice!
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were clinicals!! I absolutely loved our facility and the staff was so welcoming! I felt at home within the first day. We saw two live births which were beautiful and we actually became the cheering squad for the unit haha We were helping to support the mothers during their deliveries and then afterwards we helped to take care of the newborn babies! They were SO tiny and the cutest things everrrr!
Last night we had a group dinner at our Professor's apartment--mexican. Delicious. Walking home we got caught in a hurricane storm aaaand we have funny pictures absolutely dripping, soaking wet..I had no umbrella but worse, I didn't even have a hood on my jacket. It was hilarious! All we could do was laugh hysterically as we trudged home (15 minute walk) in whipping winds and buckets of water falling out of the sky, completely unexpected haha
And today we had a very long day of class while it was beautiful outside :'( Oh and after class I was extremely motivated for some reason and took a pilates class then a spin class..just thought I'd let ppl know I'm actually using the gym membership I bought and it's not going to waste!
Tomorrow is our first exam.. And of course tonight we get the internet and now none of us can possibly study..way too excited!
I will definitely post pictures this weekend! I have about a thousand at this point sooo I probably won't do ALL of them obviously, but I will make a few good albums and put them up for everyone!
I will write again soon! xoxo

1 comment:

Paris Fast Food said...

i hate you. you saw a blue whale you stupid bitch..hehe jk...you know how jealous i am though! i wanna see pictures!! were they HUGE?!