Well I'm getting yelled at for not posting often enough so here we go....
Clinicals start Monday!!! :) We are in two groups of 7 going to two big hospitals here in the city..I'm really excited! Oh and this past Tuesday I was fortunate enough to see my first live birth! It was absolutely beautiful. I was very emotional of course and so were the other girls.. It made me even more ready to start clinicals and get going with this rotation. What is interesting about things here is that the nurses deliver the babies..there wasn't even a doctor who worked at this clinic..the nurses and nursing students (so crazy) do everything in the labor and delivery ward..I like the independence that they have here.
So Wednesday was Heritage Day! Everything in the city closes down except for certain things like restaurants and museums...so we ventured out to a placed called the Company Gardens which were absolutely spectacular..so many gorgeous flowers and then we went into a couple of the free museums and saw an african band and dance group perform which was really awesome!
We have plans to go out for a big group dinner and then to a club called Tiger Tiger for Kristen's 21st birthday..I'm so pumped! It will be a blast with everyone! Then tomorrow we're going to Hermanus Bay for the whale festival..I'm crossing my fingers we see at least one whale and I'll be completely satisfied!
Anyways, Hill I hope this is good for you! haha and I will post again after this weekend to let you know how things turned out! I love everyone!
Love,
Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
aww thanks for the update jess AND the shout out! i'm so jealous youre going whale watching! mehh...youll have to update me on it..like tomorrow
love love
Hill
Post a Comment