Saturday, September 6, 2008

Finally here!!

Well I am here!! I got here on Monday after 20 hours on the plane..It was totally worth it though! This city could not be any more beautiful! I have a beautiful view from my bedroom window of the moutains and palm trees and I wake up in awe every day. There is so much to do and see and we are covering a lot of it in this week of orientation.. The moutains and beaches are absolutely spectacular! I will post my pictures as soon as we get internet at our house. Oh, the house is gorgeous too! Every picture I take here could be a postcard. I can't believe I will be living here for 3 months! We've been to the beaches, the moutains, the wine vineyards..and we've seen african penguins, zebras, ostrich, and cheetahs so far! We don't start our internships in the hospitals til a week from this Monday so it gives us a lot of time to orient to this new city and find our way around. All 14 of us have been travelling together in a big van with our professor and a few ppl from Cape Town showing us around. We've done the most amazing things so far. The pictures don't even capture the beauty but I think I did the best I could!
I miss everyone from home, but it will be a lot easier to keep in touch and I will be able to post on here every day once we get the internet! I will post again HOPEFULLY in just a few days!

No comments: