Today is the one week mark!
I'm at an internet cafe today sitting here with my laptop trying to catch up with emails and facebook sipping on a choccochino (hot chocolate with espresso...genius!) and I have a two hour limit so I uploaded a few pics for everyone!! These are a few of the places we've visited this past week...we went to Camp's Bay which are the pictures at the beach..the waves were insane..and the entire beach was lined with shops, cafes, restaurants, bars and all sorts of fun stuff..so we sat and had a latte as we looked out at the ocean and watched people walk and drive by..it was so relaxing! We also saw the African penguins like I mentioned in my last post at another beach called Boulders Beach..they were so cute! We were lucky to see a couple babies too! The last pic is a part of the University of Cape Town..it sits up in the side of the mountain..the buildings are gorgeous, covered in vines with an awesome European look. We will be using a classroom there twice a week for our classes.
We still don't have the internet at our house...we're really trying to push it along but everyone is on "South African time" here meaning...a lot slower than the way we do things in the states...It is very frustrating at times but maybe by the end of this trip I will be a little more relaxed and less high strung? I don't know..we'll see! :) I'm trying to get to the internet cafe every other day so shoot me an email and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Um all I can say is that I am really jealous that you got to see penguins and you better take soome pictures of them for me because they are the cutest things ever, so glad to hear you are having a blast, we miss you dearly back here (especially me) anyway I'm gonna try and get meg to hook up her camera so we can skype you. Have a blast miss you love you <3
Trish
Your parents are here with me and that's why I am able to do this. It is all so exciting! I love you. Grandma
uhh YEAH! obviously i want you to come! that would be sooo much fun! i miss you and i will write you soon, probably tomorrow!
Post a Comment